Ethical Fashion News and Good Thoughts
The Indigenous Blog
From innovations in technology to some eye-opening facts about fast fashion, this week’s Ethical Fashion Friday takes a look at some details of the fashion revolution that aren’t often talked about.
Are you ready for a new spin on Fashion Week?
The Fashion Revolution keeps spinning this week and we’re excited to watch it go.
To dispel the myth that fast fashion is good fashion, we’re kicking off a series in which tipsters share their ethical style. They'll show you how they mix their favorite Indigenous pieces with their other favorite ethically-made clothing, shoes, bags and more.
Our first tipster is our blogger Tricia. She’s a writer, a mother, and an independent business woman. And she’s here this week with some tips on wearing Indigenous skirts and dresses.
Looking for a way to make your wardrobe more ethical? We’ve got a few suggestions.
Worried about how the next generations will carry on the fashion revolution? We’ve got evidence that they’ll do it, and do it better.
Want to push the fashion revolution forward while supporting victims of natural disaster? We have just the thing.
Let’s talk about true cost and real relief this week.
Have you heard of some of the latest ethical clothing brands on the market? What does the continual influx say about the fashion revolution?
Let’s dig into this week’s Ethical Fashion Friday.
The Fashion Revolution is still making headlines this week with the video of a social stunt set up in Berlin, Germany. The video shows passersby approaching a vending machine that offers t-shirts for 2 euros. After inserting their money and selecting a size, the potential customer sees a video in which they meet an underpaid, poorly treated garment worker. Most people skipped the shirt and donated the money instead.
- Moving Forward With Technology and Away From Daily New Styles: Ethical Fashion Friday
- Flipping Perspectives and a New Kind of Fashion Week For This week’s Ethical Fashion Friday
- Skirts and Dresses: Styling Sustainably for Summer
- True Cost and Real Relief in this week’s Ethical Fashion Friday
- Social Stunts and New Brands follow Fashion Revolution day in this week’s Ethical Fashion Friday
- Three Things to do for Mothers This Mother’s Day
- John Oliver Takes on Fast Fashion (and All Those $5 T-Shirts)